When you are at your home, you don’t need to have your smartphone or tablet always with you. In case you have a smart speaker like Apple HomePod, Google Home, or Amazon Echo device already installed in your room, then you can give verbal commands. To know the steps to pair a Google Home with an iPhone, follow the instructions mentioned in this article.
Steps for using Google Home with your iPhone
· Pair the Google Home and iPhone with the same WiFi network which you are currently using at home.
· Begin the downloading procedure of the Google Home app on the iPhone.
· You will get the Google Home app from the App Store.
· Enable the Bluetooth of the iPhone.
· Then, begin the installation process of the Google Home app.
· Once you have installed the Google Home app.
· Press on its icon to open the Google Home app.
· Click on the Add option.
· Click on the Set Up Device button.
· Then, select the option which indicates “Set Up New Devices in your Home”.
· Press on the “Set Up New Devices in your Home” option.
· The Home app will begin the scanning process of the Google Home devices.
· After searching for the Google Home device that you wish to pair, press on it.
· Tap on the Next option.
· After the Google Home app will start pairing the smart speaker and the iPhone.
· The Google Home device will play a sound.
· After listening to that sound, click on the Yes button.
· You need to choose the room where you wish to set up the Google Home device.
· Select the room where the device is situated.
· After that, click on the Next option.
· Once you have completed all this procedure, give a command to the Google Assistant with the voice.
· After doing that, click on the Read the Information related to it.
· Once you have gone through the details, click on the Next option.
· Google Home device will use the Voice Match feature to command the Google Assistant.
· You need to command “Hey Google or Okay Google” Google Assistant.
· Click on the Continue option.
· Once you have spoken to the Google Assistant, you need to choose the Google Assistant Voice.
· Do you want to view personalized results? Then, you need to unselect the Allow button by pressing on it.
· To permit the Google Home to view the personalized results, you can use the personal details.
· You need to tell the Google Home your real address.
· Choose the Media Services option.
· Press on these services, check the steps which are showing on display.
· After that, press Next.
· Enter the personalized name.
· Click Next.
· Do you want to see the emails regarding the Google Home device? Then you need to sign up first.
· The Summary menu will display on the screen.
· Press on the Continue option.
· Click Finish Setup.
JEANNE E. WINFIELD is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for McAfee security products at mcafee.com/activate.