SafeFinder is one of the unwanted software. Whenever you open the browser after the installation of SafeFinder is done, then note the homepage shall get changed to search.safefinderformac.com or search.safefinder.com. Whenever you write any search query in the bar, the search will get directed to Yahoo. Also, SafeFinder might have collected data from the browser and shared it to the central server. The performance of your computer might even get affected. To know how to remove this virus, read on.
Method 1: Remove the SafeFinder from the Apps folder
- Firstly, visit the applications folder.
- Then, search the app that might make you a bit doubtful.
- After that, search for applications having the title SafeFinder in their names or else make you feel doubtful.
- Note that if you get any of such an application, then move it to Trash and clear it.
- After that, visit System Preferences. It will be located in the Apple menu.
- Next, go for an option stating Profiles. If it is present over there, then press on it.
- Then, press on the profile stating ‘AdminPrefs’ and Press the ‘-‘at the end of the window for removing it.
Method 2: See the sign-in details
- Firstly, visit System Preferences.
- Then, press the Users and Groups.
- After that, press on the username.
- Next, choose the padlock.
- Next, write in your password.
- Select the sign-in items option.
- Then, select the bar after the Safefinder login items option. Then, put a tick mark immediately after the SafeFinder Login items.
- Lastly, tap on ‘-‘.
Method 3: From Safari remove SafeFinder
- Firstly, go to Safari.
- Then, press on the Safari menu.
- Next, select Preferences.
- After that, choose the General option. It will be located after the ‘Homepage. Write the URL of the site that you wish to have in the default.
- Then, choose the search option.
- Lastly, select the search engine that you wish to have in the default.
Method 4: Removing Safe-Finder from Chrome
- Firstly, go to Chrome.
- Then, select the Settings symbol. It will be located on the left-hand side of the window.
- Next, click on startup.
- After that, tap on the More option.
- Then, click on edit and write the address of the homepage that you wish to use in the text-box.
- Next, tap on Save.
- After that, select Settings one more time.
- Then, press on ‘search engine.’
- Next, tap on ‘manage search engines.’
- After that, tap on the ‘more’ option immediately next to the SafeFinder
- Next, select ‘remove from the list.’
- Then, choose the pull-down menu next to the Search engine that has been used.
- Lastly, select the search engine that you wish to use.
JEANNE E. WINFIELD is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for McAfee security products at mcafee.com/activate.