Do you have a problem with your Skype microphone related to the sound? You are at the right place to find the solution. Here is how you can troubleshoot your microphone issues in just a few steps. Keep following these points to fix your Skye audio issues.
Troubleshooting the Skype audio issue
- Reboot your Android device by pressing the power button until a pop-out option appears on the screen of your gadget. Now hit on the “Restart” button to reboot it. The method of restarting the phone is very easy.
- Now check your smartphone for any dust particles or any other material stuck/ placed inside your audio opening.
- Make sure that it should be properly clean. If not, clean it through the help of canned air, toothpicks, any soft brush or cotton swabs.
- Do not use any wet cotton to avoid dysfunctioning of your device. Wipe all the dust particles with a soft cloth or hairy brush in order to prevent damage to your smartphone.
3. Click on the “Settings” application -gear-shaped icon- to open. By default, it is available in your apps drawer.
4. Now search for the “Apps” option available under the scroll-down list, and then touch it to open. It may also contain several other applications. This name of the apps may vary as per the version like Applications, App manager, and so on.
5. Then search for the Skype app option and tap on it to access its information page.
6. Now hit on the “Permissions” option. It will show you all the permissions that you have accessed to permit or neglect the Skype functions.
7. Check whether the mic toggle button is on or not. It should be in “On” mode. If you found it “Off,” you have to turn it “On.”
Troubleshooting sound problems by testing the Mic
- First of all, launch the Skype app by tapping the “S” marked icon in a blue background. It is mainly found in your apps drawer or on the home screen of your Android device.
- Now hit the “Search Skype” option at the upper part of your Skype chat window.
- Next, you have to enter “Echo” in the search bar. The Echo – sound test service of Skype will automatically appear on the upper part of your search results.
- Then touch the “Echo/Sound Test Service” option located in the list of search results. It will launch a conversational page of Echo chat.
- Now touch on the “Phone” icon located on the top-right edge of the chat page. Now it will begin a conversational voice calling with your Echo chat.
- Finally, follow the onscreen instructions of Echo in order to test the sound function of your device. Echo will instruct you throughout the whole process in the voice form.
JEANNE E. WINFIELD is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for McAfee security products at mcafee.com/activate.